Little Rock offers parents a vibrant palette of private school opportunities for their children. Catholic, Independent Non-sectarian, Independent Christian, Church-sponsored, Montessori, Special Education, the list is impressive.
Little Rock Christian Academy has a formidable track record in academic, athletic and artistic achievement. We are especially proud of an over-arching sense of balance between these components of a holistic education.
But there is more. Much more.
There is a faith component to our educational model that causes LRCA to stand out. We are not just another private school. As you research your educational options for your family during this admissions season, we urge you to consider eleven distinctive qualifiers to help you make the best decision possible.
1. The men and women who hold the school’s mission in trust (school board members) are devoted followers of Jesus and uphold the authority of the Bible.
2. The men and women who serve school families (the faculty and staff) testify to the Lordship of Jesus and the authority of the Bible.
3. We are a “covenant” school. Our covenant with families requires at least one parent in the student application to be followers of Jesus, setting a Christian tone for the applicant’s home life. In other words, the mission of aspiring school families must gel with the mission of the school. Harmony between home, church and school is paramount to a holistic education.
4. LRCA students have an extra dimension of learning during the school day. We call it biblical worldview in the upper school and biblical foundations in the lower school.
5. Prayer plays a dynamic role in our school’s decision-making.
6. We believe in redemptive discipline seeking to act in the best interest of the child. We always act gracefully but sometimes that means the tough love of learning from consequences.
7. Our students gather in community once a week to worship and learn from God’s people and Word. We call it chapel.
8. Our teachers pray collectively and individually for their students, coming alongside them with the love and wisdom of Jesus. Joy and purpose is evident in the majority of our students.
9. We are intentional to augment the discipleship goals of local evangelical churches. We encourage pastors, youth pastors, and other evangelical Christian organizations to participate in student life.
10. Intentional pursuit of peacemaking and reconciliation, in accord with the Matthew 18 process, is a tradition. “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” (Romans 12:18)
11. The cherry on top of all this is our hard-earned National Blue Ribbon for Exemplary Achievement from the U.S. Department of Education.
As you weigh your options for your child’s education in this wonderful city with so many good options, we hope our distinctive, faithful approach to a robust K-12 college prep education captures your heart.
Gary B Arnold
Head of School